Sunday, June 28, 2009

ACUPUNCTURE FOR BACK PAIN

Visit http://drneedles.com for more controversial medical blogging.
Visit
http://americanacupuncture.com for indepth information on acupuncture, point locations, and all facets of american acupuncture, of which Dr. Sarnacki is the webmaster and medical director of the Acupuncture Institute of Michigan for over 27 years.

ACUPUNCTURE FOR BACK PAIN

Acupuncture for back pain has become a viable alternative to back surgery. It is safe when performed properly, has few side effects, can complement other treatment methods, can control pain, and is readily available in conventional medical settings

Acupuncture involves inserting extremely thin needles through the skin to various steps at strategic points in your body. It originated in China thousands of years ago, but only now over the last two decades, has its popularity significantly grown in the United States.

Although Western scientists don't fully understand how or why acupuncture works, it provides a number of medical benefits, from reducing pain, smoking addictions, to helping with chemotherapy induced nausea.

The following is an example of acupuncture back treatment in a patient who recently came to see me for low back pain. The results were rather quick, dramatic, and successful. Many of my acupuncture colleagues report the same success as well. He writes:

June 26,2009

Doc

I want to thank you for treating my severe sciatica problem - and healing it virtually in one fell swoop. Before my visit the pain was excruciating. I couldn't even tie my shoestrings. It was so bad, that when I dropped a dollar bill in a K-Mart lot, I was unable to pick it up. I couldn't even get to my knees without something to lean on: and there wasn't even a parked car nearby. So I kissed the dollar goodbye. As you know, I am an author and I couldn't even sit at my word processor beause of the pain. Thank you for making me feel like a million bucks again.

Sincerely James Falk (my e-mail is james@jamesfalk.net.)

NB. Mr. Falk, a former crime newspaper reporter, formerly from Pittsburgh, writes murder mysteries. They are available @ Amazon. His latest books are: “Sitting Duck”, “The Pen Pal Murders”, and one due this Nov. “Bow Wow,Why We love Them From Head to Tail”.

COMMENTARY

Doctors now combine acupuncture with drugs to control pain and nausea after surgery. It is used with much success in treatment of many diseases and other conditions including fibromyalgia migraines, osteoarthritis headaches and low back pain.

I have been doing acupuncture since 1982, and finally find my colleagues realize the importance and benefits of this treatment. I urge you to try acupuncture as a viable alternative to the pain you are experiencing.

To find all you need to know abut acupuncture, visit my web site: http://americanacupuncture.com.For more blogging visit www.drneedles.com

Your comments are always welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated. Visit http://drneedles.com for more controversial medical information on our past 350 medical blogs.